Tuesday, July 5, 2011

BACK FROM HIATUS: Summer Designs

So back to work. I've moved apartments into a beautiful area, but that meant sacrificing a decent amount of workspace, so it took a bit longer to open up the sketchbooks than expected...but it happened!

So the name of the game is blues and purples:

Narwhals are easily the strangest non-magical creatures out there, and I was thinking they would make a nice addition to the lure line for the fall/winter, so I have started inking some fun, chubby little 'whals.
A bigger narwhal, although he does look a little depressed. I might give him some bubbles or fish or something, as his shape seems to be calling for a spiraling pattern.
Whales, yeah, had to do one.

Sand dollars, by popular request. Realized that these are the creatures ideal for people who have a terrible time drawing perfect circles (me).

An Australian Spotted Jelly, inspired by some of the awesome critters in the New England Aquarium. They are insane looking, like a cross between a plastic glow-toy and a vegetable. I'll upload a pic.

CRABS. I know I had to do shells because we're in New England and people love their shells, but to make a design work for me, I have to add a quirk. Meet the hermits.
A more serious botanical doodle that I think will work its way onto my new line of vases. More to follow.

1 comment:

  1. The botanical doodle would look great on a t-shirt, beginning at the bootom line and growing up the shirt (I'd wear it).

    ReplyDelete